Saturday, July 24, 2010

I ran 7 miles today; I can do whatever I want!

K and I are doing our first marathon in November. That's right. Twenty-six point one miles.

We're in our second week of training. We're doing Hal Higdon's training plan, which K found and, coincidentally, a marathoner friend of mine recommended.

Today, we ran 7 miles. Not exactly a distance we haven't run before, but a distance we haven't run in a few months. We got a later start than what we'd planned, so leaving around 8 got us out just in time to enjoy a heat index of 100 degrees. Not fun when you're running for 70 minutes (we were just aiming for a 10-minute mile).

We finished. I hated the majority of it.

What I haven't hated? The fact we went for Chick-fil-A, where I ordered the four-piece (three-piece is standard) mini chicken biscuit breakfast. I destroyed it. And then I napped for 45 minutes.

I don't feel the slightest bit guilty or lazy.

And the afternoon plans we have at the beach? They're gonna be incredible.

No matter what we do or don't do for the rest of the day, we totally earned it.

No comments: