Monday, February 23, 2009

Funny thing is that he'd put on a few himself

So much has been going on lately, I've hardly had time to blog. Life has been crazy hectic since K got home.

We spent all of last week doing a nice little road trip to bring K's car back to Louisiana. He'd left it parked at his dad's house in PA during the deployment.

K and his brother picked me up from the airport, and we immediately headed to his dad's house. FIL got up from his recliner in the living room to give me a hug and greet me in the kitchen.

He looked at me and said, "You got fat since last time I saw you. Looks like you put on a little weight there."

Man, I love my father-in-law.

Updates to come on rest of the trip -- and on life over the last couple of weeks. I promise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP.

OMG. Some people!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap!! What an ASS! You look AMAZING and I would kill for your bangin' body- seriously, you have the best body ever! -GFF

Katrina said...

He must be kidding! You look terrific! Maybe you guys should look into glasses for him. Hehe!

Pink Sun Drops said...

UGH!! Geez, reminds me of the time my FIL (before he was my FIL even!!) took one look at me and says I need to take you clothes shopping. Unfortunately I just realized I think Brando has made a few comments to friends of mine like that. Better get my back hand ready before we have any daughter-in-law's around.

Mrs. Architect said...

I know his age....trust me, its the age. My granny tell me EVERY time I see her either "wow, you're getting thick" or "you're looking hippy" (as if I have ANY curves! ha!) or else she says "you're too skinny. You're looking sickly."

It's the age. Just roll your eyes and keep going.

L said...

I can't believe he said that! My grandma has told me my butt was getting bigger before - she said she's just looking out for me, haha.

p.s. While watching Daytona, I told my friends "I have a friend whose brother works in the pit." You, of course. :)