Friday, June 04, 2010

Blurbs. Because I haven't forgotten this thing exists ...

... And because I'm sure you're tired of my random posts complaining about my job.In case you haven't figured it out, I probably won't quit because I like having a paycheck and because I think I have to prove something by toughing it out. And yes, I know that's stupid.

Carrying on now:

I got stung by a bee yesterday on the fleshy part of my big toe. It stung. Whoever came up with that term to describe it chose wisely.

This job is still annoying the holy hell out of me. We had a longtime employee just quit -- effective immediately -- on Monday. She beat me to it. She started in this department two weeks before me (she worked in another area here for like 20 years before that).

K and I planted lilies in our back yard last year. They started blooming a couple weeks ago, and they were beautiful. I'd love to be able to show you a picture of them, but stupid rabbits have eaten all of them.

In other news, the rabbits that run all over our neighborhood are no longer cute to me.

I freaking. love. my kettlebell class. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be in a pretty pissy mood today. This job tends to do that to me.

My kickball team is undefeated. We've tied twice, but we've never lost.

Remember that game when I was named co-MVP? That's the last time I had a good game. I'm buying a kickball to work on my catching and kicking skills. I'm going to beat this thing.

I'm not OK with sucking at things. I think that's part of the reason I don't like this job. Do I beat the sucking, or do I ditch because it makes me cranky for pretty much 50 hours a week? (Note: We only work 37.5.)

K is out of town this weekend. I've made a huge to-do list for myself. It includes an ab class tomorrow morning, going for a run (I haven't run by myself in FOREVER!), getting a manicure, and watching at least one girlie movie. There are some chores on the list too, but I'm more excited about these parts for obvious reasons.

I'm also excited about the rabbit repellent I'll be buying and immediately spraying on my lilies.

Man I love Fridays.

4 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

They have rabbit repellent?! I had no idea!

On the job - I'm scared to get out there and just look since the markets so hard right now! Maybe there's some way to bring some fun to it - an iPod perhaps? :)

L said...

I am with you - I'm not ok with sucking at things. Especially when my best friend here comes along right behind me and excels at everything (athletic, at least). Not fun! BUT, I am who I am, and for those areas in which I can improve, I will try to improve. But I've also realized through sports and the job that I need to be ok with the way I am, the talents I do have, and focus on those. Your job situation is a tough one. If it was just a matter of being challenging, I would stick with it, but if you feel that your talents lie elsewhere, I wouldn't put yourself through the hell of it. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying 'This isn't where I'm gifted, and it's not the best fit.' No one can be good at everything.

Mrs. Architect said...

I'm SO laughing about "the rabbits that run all over our neighborhood are no longer cute to me." BECAUSE...Right now I get SO excited when I see one! But, I have a feeling that's going to change when they start eating the things we've been planting...

Liz said...

Something about this post just made me laugh/smile. Sorry you got stung & are still unhappy with the job, but otherwise it seems like life isn't treating you too badly. Or at least, you have a good outlook on it. Good luck with those pesky rabbits!