Monday, October 18, 2010

A gift ... or a test?

When I discovered the amazing gift from God that is Ou!dad hair products, I blogged about it. Booked an appointment for a haircut. Blogged about it.

I told friends about it. I became a fan on Facebook.

A year later, I'm still hooked. I've had another Ou!dad cut since then, and I've ordered liters of shampoo and conditioner over the last 12 months.

A few weeks ago, I went to order a couple more liters and some bottles of my favorite finishing gel to take advantage of a free shipping offer. Somehow, they were out of stock of my gel, but I went ahead and ordered the liters, since they're the bulk of the weight of my shipment anyway. I checked the website regularly, and when the gel was back in stock, I ordered it -- two bottles even, since it was the same price for shipping and I know I'll use it.

Imagine my surprise when I received a shipment containing four bottles of gel! I checked the statement, and sure enough, I had been charged only for two. 

I called Ou!dad's customer service, but evidently they were closed. I had explained my story to the girl who answered the phone, but she said she could only help me with placing an order. This was last week.

So today, I went to call Ou!dad on my lunch break. But I couldn't help but wonder: Am I the world's biggest idiot?

Am I trying to pass up a Gift From the Curly Hair Goddesses? Will I get bad karma for not calling customer service (again) -- or is this a gift of good karma all together? (I mean, I have called the cops twice in the last month to report large items in the road in hopes of preventing an accident.)

Do I call and let Ou!dad Customer Service be the one to tell me it's OK to stay mum?


Am I part of one of those hidden-camera tests to see if people are decent and honest enough to report such an error? (You guys would tell me if I was a test subject, right?)

Is it reparations for the terrible teasing and torture I endured in the 8th grade because of my curly hair?

Decisions, decisions ... If only I didn't believe in karma.

What would you do?

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I would call them again. In my experience, the guilt of not making a good faith effort to correct the error eats me up, and most of the time, they tell you to keep the extra because the cost to them of shipping it back isn't worth it. You'll likely end up with extra hair product AND a clean conscience!

Liz said...

Hm, I think that you have made an effort already. If they weren't willing to help you with it, then it's their loss.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If I were you, then definitely I will call the customer service again to address my concern and if still they will not make an action with regards to my concern, then really it's not my fault anymore. You really try to be honest with all that you can , but still they wouldn't make an effort to get back to you so you will not get karma for this.

Thank God I haven't experienced that scenario because most customer service call centers I've called were very accommodating, very friendly and they give me updates and feed backs with my concern as soon as possible.