Thursday, September 04, 2008

It's funny how I THOUGHT I was completely ready for him to get here

I got a call from K just after 1:00 this morning. He had gotten his flight info, which told him he was scheduled to arrive in Dallas bright and early Friday morning.

EEEEK!

I haven't slept well since Monday night. Last night was no different, but that news definitely didn't help. I tried to go back to sleep after we hung up, but my mind was reeling over the things I needed to do.

I knew I wouldn't be able to clear my head until I made a to-do list, so I got up and turned on a dim little night light so I could organize my thoughts. It helped a little. It at least made me feel better, although once I finally got back to sleep, I was still stuck in that torturous state between dreamland and being awake thanks to a subconscious that was going over everything from possible things I'd forgotten to add to my to-do list to how Piper will react when she sees K again for the first time in over 9 months.

When I got to work, the coworkers I work closest with had all planned a surprise patriotic party for me! They had decorated the area with miniature American flags, and we had a delicious homemade casserole with sun-dried tomatoes, homemade bread, eggs and who knows what else (it was amazing!). We had mimosas, strawberries and canteloupe ... and brownies! It was a really sweet surprise.

And then my day really began. I had to email all our family and friends and tell them when K is arriving. I had to email anyone who could possibly need to know that my time off work had been bumped up a day. I had to ramp people up on my projects.

And in the middle of the day, I had to go get a Brazilian wax.

(You didn't think that was all I was going to say about that, did you?) For a girl who's never even had her eyebrows waxed, let's just say it was an experience. It was painful at times. It was uncomfortable most of the time. But it's done. (Whew!)

So now it's time for me to leave work. For the last time for almost the rest of the month. Crazy!

Which means it's time for me to go do all those things on my to-do list.

I'll post pictures of the arrival tomorrow. Eee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!! OMG!!! I am SO excited for you!!! YAY!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful, wonderful reunion and put that wax job to good use ;)
xoxo, GFF

Our Happy Married Life... said...

The suspense is killing me! I can't wait to hear all about your time with him. And hello, good job on the wax! I don't think I could go there. Too painful from what I've heard. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP, I can't believe it's here! I am so excited for you!!