Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Slowly getting back to the grind

A girl can really get behind on things when she disconnects herself from the rest of the world for 20 days. It's amazing what you can do in that length of time, though:
  • Visit in-laws in another part of the country
  • Go to the movies twice
  • Eat Italian food many times (each at a different place, even!)
  • Eat steak a couple times
  • Get Pac!ugo ... twice (mmm!)
  • Spend three and a half hours working on a wedding registry ... only to realize you've done just the kitchen and dining room (and you're not even finished with the appliances)
  • Go on a hot air balloon ride
  • Eat two whole (well, actually, it was four halves) Spr.inkles cupcakes in one 24-hour period
  • Visit family in OK
  • Tour America's oldest brewery
  • Ride a jet ski
  • Meet with your wedding photographer
  • Meet with your reception coordinator
  • Interview two DJs
  • Visit an electronics superstore (HAD to get that in!)
  • Have an awesome night at the piano bar with fun friends
And those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head. It's amazing to think of everything we crammed into the 20 days K was home. We had two big milestones, though:
  1. We broke our record of consecutive days spent together. Before, we had hit 11 days on two separate occasions (once in 2005; once in 2006). This time, we made it all the way to 20 days.
  2. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary. In our entire marriage, we have been on the same continent only 2 months and 25 days -- and those weren't even spent in the same city for a lot of that time. It's definitely not quite how I pictured married life would be when I was little!

Anyway, so obviously 20 days of time off with your husband can leave you with lots of stories and quite a few pictures to share. But it also leaves me with lots of things to catch up on. I've spent my weekday mornings getting up at 5 a.m. so I can be at the gym by 5:30 to whip my butt back into shape after nonstop eating and drinking and very little working out for 20 days straight.

I'm hoping I can give you more details and pictures from R&R tomorrow night. For now, I've got to get to sleep. 5:00 a.m. will be here before I know it ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been crazy busy so I haven't been able to drop you a line to tell you how happy I am to read about H being home! Take your time on getting us the details, girlie - getting back into your routine is even more important! (If maybe a bit less fun.)

Pink Sun Drops said...

Can't wait to see the pics!!