Sunday, January 04, 2009

The giddiness is starting to hit!

It's official: K will be home tomorrow around 5!!! We only get 36 to 48 hours' notice of the exact arrival time, but now it's for sure!

My car is loaded with my clothes for the week, along with K's "civilian" clothes, freshly washed and folded. I'm about to head out on the road to Louisiana!

At church this morning, the sermon was called "Moments of a Lifetime." (Perfect timing, huh?) It was all about how the present moment should be the greatest moment of your life. The future is somewhere out there, unknown, and even though we may have had amazing moments in the past, all we are left with is memories. Each present moment is a gift from God, and it should be the greatest moment of our lives.

Pretty sure for at least the next week, I'll have no trouble feeling the message of this sermon in my life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAH! I am so happy for you. Cannot wait to hear about the reunion - soak it all in! XO!

Sherin said...

so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourselves.
Drive safely (I know, you don't want to hear that but it's the other guy you have to look out for).

Katrina said...

Oh, hurray! I am SO excited for you guys! God bless your reunion and all the days after. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, i can't believe he's coming home! i'm so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about the homecoming and he's home for good now, right? I'm looking forward to all the blog posts this year, it's going to be an exciting one!!! :)