Thursday, May 07, 2009

What a creep!

Today is a warm, muggy day, and it's the first day we haven't had rain in the forecast in weeks. I wanted to wear something cute and girly to celebrate, and I had a new, short-sleeved knit shrug that made me feel confident I could wear a summery dress to work without freezing to death. I paired it with some brown Old Navy flip-flops and was good to go.

Until my right flip-flop decided to break late this morning. For some reason, the bottom of the toe strap just popped off, so I had to get extra creative with my fix. When shoving a pushpin into the end of the strap didn't hold, I bent up a paper clip, which I was able to work farther into the strap. It seemed to hold better. I was determined to not have to go home because of a flip-flop malfunction. I'm not wasting this cute outfit, dang it!

Around lunch, it was time to take Piper outside (I can take her to work, remember?). It's a pretty decent haul down several flights of stairs and through a couple hallways to take her out, but I tried my best to walk gently to avoid messing up my quick fix.

I guess I wasn't gentle enough, because my flip-flop was definitely looser. I lifted my foot and could see that the paper clip was starting to follow the strap through the bottom of my shoe and out the top of the flip-flop. I hobbled over to a curb and sat down to fix it. I pointed myself at the parking garage, rather than toward the outside parking lot or the road. I figured it was the best direction to go to avoid flashing anyone (just in case). Besides, there was a huge white truck parked in the spot closest to me. It would block the rest of the garage from seeing anything so I could focus on fixing my flip-flop.

After doing the best I could to fix my shoe, I put it back on and stood up. Then, I heard the truck start in the garage.

"Awesome."

I hadn't been sprawled all over the curb, but if I'd known I had a possible audience, I'd have stretched my legs out in front of me more. I had been sitting low to the ground, so my knees were high in front of me. My dress is about knee-length, so no one could have seen down it, but they could have seen underneath it, since I hadn't tucked the back/bottom of my skirt between my knees. (I thought the truck was guarding me!)

Still, I wasn't sure the driver had seen anything. I headed to the grass and leaned over to pick up after Piper. When I stood up, the light caught something shiny and silver from within the cab of the truck.

It was either a digital camera or a mini-video camera. And it was pointed right at me.

My jaw dropped to the ground. I'd seen this truck in the garage for weeks! He was always in the same spot. As a matter of fact, I'd parked right by him this morning. But I had no idea who the driver was. I couldn't see him clearly enough to tell if I even recognized him, but I could tell it was a man.

I made sure that the rest of the time I was out there, I was glaring at him, just in case he looked at me again (I still couldn't really see him).

I'm not sure if he videotaped me or took a picture. And I'm not sure if he did the same while I was sitting on the curb. I'm not sure if the angle he got was down the front of my dress, or if I had turned my back to him and he'd managed to pick up the outline of my no-panty-lines-please underwear that only shows when you stretch the dress to try to test the panty lines (meaning the underwear outline also may show if I do bend over). Either way, I'm not cool with the fact this guy was recording ANY of this.

I'm seriously contemplating leaving a bitchy note on his windshield.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could just let all the air out of his tires. Just take the caps off and shove half a toothpick against the stem and screw the cap back on halfway after breaking off the toothpick.

Or shoe polish his windows and make it say, "This truck is big because my penis isn't."

Chelsea Rae said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That guy is a major creep! That is SO not cool!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to say.

UGH. Time to train Piper to be an attack dog?

Mrs. Architect said...

I'm with Knot!

a tall sassy gal said...

Hold up he works in our building?? You know the security guard has all our license plate. I would be curious to find out who the hell it was! Creepy!!!