Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Do, Part 2: Pictures

I obviously don't have the professionals yet, but here are some that friends have posted on facebook or passed along to me so far.


Me with my bridesmaids.




















Right before I walked down the aisle.















The groomsmen.


















The kiss.




















We're married (again)!





















Entering the saber arch.














Right before our friend WHACKED me on the butt with his sword!













Our sign-in table. Check out the awesome ceramic boot that held the sparklers for our exit!










Our cake with the awesome, specially made topper! We went with French vanilla with strawberry filling. Mmm!


















K's groom's cake. It was red velvet, and it was delicious! I learned that groom's cakes are a Southern tradition. K's Yankee friends hadn't heard of them before.







Cutting the cake. K was pretty nice. He only got it on part of my face. I was going to be nice, but he gave me the go-ahead. I smashed some in as nicely a way as I could, but evidently it still went up his nose.















Showing the Yankees how we Southerners do it!



















Heather, me & Elle.















Our fake exit at 10:00 p.m. Our photographer got to go home, we got pretty pictures ... and we got to go back in and party some more!

9 comments:

Katrina said...

What a beautiful day! You are a gorgeous bride, and I love the sparkler idea!

I got the same blank looks when I (Georgia girl) mentioned groom's cake to my husband's family (from Idaho.) We had one anyway, and it was delicious!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love absolutely every single one of those pictures! So beautiful. I hope that, now the event is over, it feels worth it!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Oh how beautiful!! Aren't you so so so happy you did now that it's all over? If you're not now, in five years when you look back at these pictures you will be. What a gorgeous way to do a second wedding!! And you know what? You are glowing just as much as the first! Love the beer and cowboy shot!

xo

L said...

You look beautiful!!!! PERFECT dress! And I love both cakes (had no idea Northerners didn't do grooms' cakes). I may need to wear boots under my wedding dress some day - awesome!

Sherin said...

you look fantastic!!! and the party looks like a blast.

liza said...

hehe, i hadn't heard of a grooms cake until recently when a friend of mine married a texan! (i live in new england) you look fab in these photos, looks like everyone had a great time!

Liz said...

You look beautiful! Congratulations again! I only knew what a groom's cake was from watching Steel Magnolia's. I've never actually been to a wedding with one. I hope you had a fabulous time & were able to make some great memories.

Courtney said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

You may have felt "crazy" for going through all the trouble of planning a second wedding - but it looks like it was totally worth it! Fantastic pictures!!!

chirky said...

So fun - you look beautiful!

Congrats, again! :)