Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Part 3: He redeems himself

Leave it to K. When he messes up, he sure can fix it.






















Until last Friday night, my diploma had been in a crappy frame barely larger than the diploma itself. I wanted to buy a nice frame for it when I graduated, but they were so expensive. I just couldn't justify spending so much money on a frame.

I had mentioned to K once a long time ago that I wanted to get a nice frame. I spent dozens and dozens of hours and a few thousand dollars earning that diploma, so it was ridiculous to have it in a $4 Wal-Mart frame. I needed something worthy of the diploma itself.

When K decided on my gift, he remembered that comment. I was so surprised and excited when I opened the frame. I stared at it for several minutes, studying it and the picture. He did a great job.

So in typical guy fashion, K forgot he was supposed to get me a gift ... But in typical K fashion, at the end of the day, he totally delivered.

5 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

That is an A+ gift in my book!!! And that TOTALLY makes up for his tardiness! Its THAT good! I looooove my diploma frame like that! And yes, they are pricey, but so worth it! Yay K!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Way to redeem yourself, K! Like Alli, I absolutely loooooooove my diploma frames. They make me happy. And make me forget all the crap I went through to earn 'em.

Anonymous said...

Being a husband myself, I screw up a lot, needlessly, but at the end of the day my wife will tell you that
1. I listen
2. I help out more than the average husband
3. I'm much more involved with the kids than the average husband.

Those three things make a trifecta with women. Listening is the first step.

Good job K.

L said...

Total redemption. Love it.

Kari said...

Perfect!! I can't tell, but is the band on the field??? Excellent picture of the field, love the clouds!

K