Thursday, June 11, 2009

Now my feet won't touch the ground

I went to see Coldplay for the first time last November. It was an amazing show, and I told K that if they came through again after he got home, we were so going. And we were getting floor seats.

Months ago, I found out about the dates the band had added to the end of their tour. K and I were able to go to the show in New Orleans on Tuesday night, and it did not disappoint.

Since the concert ended, I've been on a Coldplay high. I just want to keep looking at the photos and watching the videos I took (I got some good ones!). I've read a lot about Coldplay over the last couple of days. I can't seem to get enough.

This really isn't a good thing for my productivity at work, but seeing how I have only 8 working days left anyway, I'm kind of suffering from editoritis as it is. Maybe it'll help me to know that if I'm not looking at them, someone else is. So here you go.

(In case you're wondering, the picture taken during "Yellow" [I'll give you one guess which photo that is!] is from our seats with no zoom. We were much closer to the stage than that picture makes it seem. The 1st picture was from our seats with the zoom, and for the others, I snuck through the aisle to the front to capture those. For the 3rd & 4th photos, yes, I was really that close.)





























4 comments:

L said...

I LOVE them! Did you know they have 80 songs they've recorded? I have every one of them - many of which I got for free, heheh. Your pictures are awesome! I can't believe you took them with a point and shoot (I think) - mine would never work that well! I've been twice, but I just missed them out here, so sad. Next time!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Love your photos! Love Coldplay! Have never seen them in concert - you made me realize that it isn't an option! :)

Chelsea Rae said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I am so glad you blogged about this concert! I'm going to see them on Monday and it has been a *dream* of mine to see them for the past couple of years. I am psyched!

Chelsea Rae said...

Update: I finally am beginning to get out of my Coldplay-induced haze. And you did NOT oversell it! Undersell, more like. I was on Cloud Nine the ENTIRE time, everything about it was just wonderful! I have a couple pictures up on my blog (along with a long winded spiel about how deliriously happy I am about seeing them) but they were taken with my phone from about half an arena away but still, better than nothing!