Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I wanted a cookie!

Our department head resigned a couple weeks ago. His last day was Friday, but he planned to come in for lunch with all of us at some point.

I mentioned to a coworker that I was thinking of making cookies for that day. She told our former boss ... which meant I definitely had to make the cookies.

The lunch was scheduled for today, so last night, I baked. I packed enough cookies this morning for everyone in the office to have two. I planned on setting them out when our former boss came by the office.

Only he met us at the restaurant instead. So I had to give him the cookies there.

All day I'd looked forward to enjoying a cookie or two this afternoon. Instead, they're now on the way home with my former boss.

Dislike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRUTAL!

It was nice of you, though, and one day the cookie gods will return the favor.