Monday, August 09, 2010

The craziness continues ...

Geez, I said I was going to come back to this thing, but I'm determined to make a liar out of myself, I guess. K and I are in our fifth week of marathon training, and I'm shocked how much time it takes up already. Not the running, necessarily, but the extra water drinking and snacking (burning those extra calories takes a toll quickly!) ... the extra peeing ... the extra sleeping ...

We typically run in the morning, and we still try to go to the gym and lift at night. If we miss the gym, it's because we're going to a concert or hanging out with friends -- or packing to go somewhere and see somebody.

We really never stop, I swear!

We actually had a power outage last Friday morning, and we were all able to go home early. Because of that, I was finally able to take care of the house work I'd been neglecting due to all that resting.

And it looks like there's no resting this week. We have the gym tonight, a movie with friends tomorrow, packing on Wednesday, a concert on Thursday, and early Friday we're heading to OK & TX for another wedding. The one where I'm maid of honor. The one where I have to give a speech about my friend marrying a guy I don't like.

I still need to write that thing.

Geez, does it ever stop?

2 comments:

Liz said...

I so wish I had your motivation to work out. It's just not my thing. But I am trying.

As for that wedding speech, try to talk about your friendship with her & how you've grown together & how proud you are that she's found someone to make her happy & that now your friendship is moving on to its next stage, that of married women. Then wish them a lifetime of happiness & toast them. You barely have to talk about them as a couple & you can still give a beautiful speech.

my life is brilliant said...

It's not quite motivation as much as sheer insanity. That and the fact we've already paid a $75 marathon entry fee. Not letting that puppy go to waste! As for keeping up with the gym time? Well, I've worked too hard on these guns to just let them disappear.

The trouble with the wedding speech is that they're already married (their one-year anniversary was yesterday), and they've been living together longer than that. That automatically eliminates any cliche marriage or cohabitation advice (guess since that's cliche that might technically help me a little). One of the reasons I don't like the guy is because I'm afraid he's a temporary for her. I don't see her being happy with him long term. I definitely hope I'm wrong.

So far, the only honest thing I can think of to say is that I wish them a lifetime of happiness. That's true. It's just not a speech.

I've got my work cut out for me!