Friday, April 01, 2011

Are they trying to get rid of me?

When I was a music major in college, my Music Ed professor told me I should be a writer -- this based on an email I wrote him about my uncertainty about my music major future. He said I was a great writer.

When I worked as an editor, my boss encouraged me to consider writing -- this based on emails I wrote to others in my department. She said I had a great voice for it.

Today, I am a writer. Only I do lots of other things at my job -- including photography and videography, in small, informal scale.

And today, my boss told me I should consider doing photography or videography someday. (Granted, I really enjoy both of those -- particularly the first one.)

Either I'm really good at a lot of (journalism-based) things, or my supervisors are always wanting to get rid of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) You just have a lot of talents, smartypants!