Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm gonna make this look good

I pulled my hair out of my face today just to realize I'd moved enough back to show off a new highlight I'm sporting.

I've seen smaller ones around my hairline. Those first started appearing when I was 24 (when K was in Iraq and I was planning our second wedding). But this one is a full strand, somewhere in the middle of all my hair.



I'm pretty unphased about the gray itself. Honestly, I'm just excited to see that it's still curly. My hair was straight until I hit puberty, so I've worried that it could return to that texture just as easily as it switched before.

Another bonus: This strand totally matches my earrings!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought the chick in the Archie comic who had the skunk strip of white hair in the middle of the dark hair was hot. Still find a little gray on a woman a tad attractive. And it's only one ...

Pink Sun Drops said...

There's a book I've been reading called Going Gray by Anne Kreamer where she researches different reactions and stigmas attached to gray or not. I loved it.

PS I used to have those earrings! I still have them in black. Love F21.

a tall sassy gal said...

I have like 5 that sit right on top of my head! And they are stark white! So one day I will have pretty white hair. And you know with my dark hair they standout like nobody's business.

Anonymous said...

My hair was straight until puberty, too! No boobs, but curly hair. ...better than nothing.

Also - work that gray hair!

Lindsay said...

Hah, my hair was just a little wavy until puberty, when it suddenly decided it was actually really curly. Never knew that was so common! And I too am rocking the couple strands of grey. :)