Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Blessing and a bad thing

What is both a blessing and a bad thing about my job is that there is a lot of down time. It's part of the reason I feel less secure in my job. I keep thinking they'll realize in the department that if they all took on a bit more each, they wouldn't need me, and they'd send me packing and give each other raises with the money they'd save. The good thing about it is that it allows me time to surf the internet, time to do this (which I thought I'd never do) and time to get sleepy. Which is bad.

To combat the spells of tiredness, I drink a lot of water during the day. Not an ungodly amount, but enough that I have to use the restroom every hour or so at least. I'm convinced the woman whose office is across from the bathroom thinks I have a bladder problem. It also sucks when I'm on my way home on the train (yay for mass transit!) and I have to go, because after I get off the train I still have about a 20-minute drive home.

I've also brought snacks to keep in my desk to give me little perks when I feel myself starting to doze off. What's bad is that I've found myself at 10:30 wanting to eat a mini Baby Ruth or Butterfinger. Just because it's chocolate and it sounds good. I'm not some chick with an eating disorder or someone who's worried about my weight or anything, but it just can't be good to eat chocolate every day at 10:30, no matter how small it is. And when you consider that I eat more than enough of my share of junk on a daily basis anyway...

No comments: