Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day!

So today is the big romance day, or the day from hell, or whatever you want to think of it as, depending on your relationship status. K has done as I expected he would for our first Valentine's Day. I got home last night after having dinner with the girls to find yet another package notification on my door. This time, though, it was left in the office. Go figure, since I figured this one was probably flowers.

I called K and told him I had gotten the pkg. notice and asked if he knew anything about it. Of course he said no, but he said it in a way that meant that he knew exactly what it was. I told him that it was left in the office, and he groaned in annoyance.

My apartment office has the worst hours ever -- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Considering that I leave for work by 8:30 a.m. and don't get home until 6:30 p.m. on even those rare early days, it's inconvenient that they didn't just leave it in my apartment this time. I thought about driving to work instead of taking the train so I could wait until the office opened to pick up the package (I hadn't called yet to find out the office opened at 10). I was trying to figure out what the best thing woud be to do, but it depended on the package. I asked him if it was flowers, and he said yes. He wouldn't tell me what kind they are, though.

So today I had to fax a signed letter to my apartment office asking them to leave the flowers inside my apartment for me. So that'll be a nice surprise when I get home. :) (surprise since I don't know what they look like)

Last weekend I went to visit K, and we had been hanging out with some guys he works with at their apartment. One of the guy's girlfriends was visiting from Kentucky. I had never met her before. She was so gorgeous, and so nice and sweet.

When K and I got back to his place, I was talking about how nice she was and how much I liked her. K said, "Yeah, it just bothers me that much more now that she's dating such an ass."

Evidently she's been cheated on by her boyfriend many times, and she probably has no idea.
"I don't understand why guys do that," I said. "They can be dating a girl who's so pretty and so nice, but they still cheat on her. It happens to her, it happened to Halle Berry... It just doesn't make sense. I don't understand guys."

K said, "Well, you'll never have to worry about that."

"Oh yeah?" I asked. "I already have -- three times. How about I won't have to worry with you." (All three of my previous boyfriends cheated on me.)

So K, obviously joking, said, "Well, you just better make sure I don't go to Argentina until after we get married because a lot of supermodels are from there."

So I had a couple things to rag him on from that statement: 1) Argentina 2)"before we get married." At first, I thought I'd let the marriage comment slide and not bust him on it. Then, I said screw it and called him on it. "Until after we get married?" I asked him slyly.
I had busted him. He had absolutely no idea he had said it -- it had completely slipped out. Needless to say, I was fine with the slip-up. He was actually a little embarrassed that he had said it and hadn't even noticed. Maybe it's because he has something planned??

No comments: