Thursday, February 23, 2006

Meant to be?

So I've had a busy past few days! I left work early Friday and drove to Louisiana. K and I exchanged Valentine's Day gifts. He got me (in addition to the flowers and chocolates he'd had sent to me) a gift basket from Bath & Body Works. Last time he was here visiting me, we had gone to the mall and dropped in there. They had a new scent -- Cherry Blossom. We both really liked it (Coconut Lime Verbena is still my favorite). What was funny is that the day before I had actually gone and bought the Cherry Blossom shower gel. I had decided I was going to have to go back and get the lotion because I really liked it. Well, the gift basket had the body cream (lotion), shower scrub and body spray. And a loofa! So I'm set now. I hope he wasn't trying to tell me I smell bad! ;)

He also made me the perfect gift for me, since it combined pictures and music. He made a little slide show with three songs that always remind me of him -- "Sweet Home Alabama," which he serenaded me with the night we met; "Collide" (Howie Day), which is our song; and "You're Beautiful," by James Blunt. The pictures started from the night we met and went up until the last ones we'd taken the last time we'd seen each other. It was awesome! I know he spent a lot of time on it.

He really liked his card, too. He stared at it for the longest time. He even said he couldn't believe I made it. I wouldn't go that far -- it definitely looks homemade. But it was definitely made from the heart.

We flew to Georgia the next day to visit some his friends, D & P (they're married). We had such a good time with them. I thought Georgia was absolutely beautiful, and it was so good to finally meet D & P. K said that D is one of his best friends from the Army. And P told me that K is like the little brother she never had, so that's cool.

Savannah is a really neat place. We drove around River Street and through a handful of the billion town squares that are all over the town. We went to several of the little pubs and really had a good time. The first night we were there, we went out with D & P and a married couple they're friends with. So of course we did the girl trip to the bathroom, and P and her friend were asking me all these questions about K and me. I told them how I really felt -- that I know I want to marry him, and that I've felt that way since the first month we met. P was really excited and kept giving me hugs. She said, "You can tell he's so happy. He looks at you like you're the only woman in the world. I've never seen him this happy." So that was really cool.

The next night, I actually wound up talking about the same thing with D. It just came up in our conversation. He said that he and P were both really excited for us because they see for the first time in years a couple who reminds them of how they were before they got married, and how they still are today. He had a lot of great things to say, and it was a really great conversation. It made me so happy to know that such close friends of his can look at us and say "these two go together."

The weekend really flew by. We kind of lounged around during the day and went out to the pubs at night, including a haunted pub. Our flight was delayed so much that we'd have missed our connecting flight back to Louisiana, so we wound up staying an extra day, which was cool. We got back from Georgia Tuesday night at about 10, and back to K's at about 11. I had to get up at 5 a.m. to head back to Texas for work. I was exhausted driving, but it was all worth it.

And I'll be driving again tomorrow to K's to go to Mardi Gras! That'll be interesting...

No comments: