Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Good gift ... or good disguise?

I thought of a really cool gift to get K for our first anniversary (as a surprise!):
















It's a little more expensive than I'd hoped, but I think it would be really cool. It's something I never thought I'd do. And it looks so fun!

I really like the idea of doing adventuresome things with K, and he's said the same thing. This would be kind of adventuresome. It's definitely something different. It would be a great memory, along with great pictures.

We'd lift off at sunrise. The ride would last one hour. Upon landing, we'd get our own little bottle of champagne to enjoy. All for $400.

I'm really excited about it, which is making me wonder if it would be a better gift for me instead -- am I disguising this as a gift for K so I have a good excuse to do it? Is it too girly of a plan?

I do think K would enjoy a hot air ballon ride, and it's something neat to do together. Jury's still out, though. What do you think?

7 comments:

L said...

Hmm, well it's not like you're taking him to the spa. I think it's a cool idea and can't imagine anyone not liking it. It's hard to buy items that are really significant, so I think experiences are the way to go.

Paige said...

do it!

s said...

i think it's a fun idea!

Chastity said...

$400 is a lot of money, but I think this might actually be worth it.

a tall sassy gal said...

It is a gift for both of you after all the day was about both of you not one of you.

Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I loooovvvveee this idea! Are you doing it in Dallas, or somewhere else?

my life is brilliant said...

Thanks, Chirky! We'll be in McKinney! Not quite picturesque, but I think it'll be pretty neat just the same. :)