Thursday, August 07, 2008

Let the full-steam preparations begin

If all goes as planned in K's and my little calendar of events, he will be arriving in Dallas for his R&R exactly one month from today.

One month from today!!!

Things that are ready:
  1. My outfit. (I even managed to find a cute pair of comfy black wedges to go with it!)
  2. My reproductive system. I've been very diligent about taking my birth control pills at the same time every single day. No babies (yet), please!

Things I still need to do:

  1. Clean my apartment from top to bottom.
  2. Get a haircut.
  3. Buy a plastic drawer bin thing (pretty sure that's what they're actually called) to give K a makeshift dresser while he's here. Mine's too full to add his clothes in there! Plus, this way he gets his own space.
  4. Go through all his things that are randomly stashed around my apartment so I can make sure he can easily get to the things he might need while he's here.
  5. Schedule a hot air balloon ride!!!

Things to do in a couple weeks:

  1. Rewash all the clothes he might wear while he's home. I want them to be fresh and clean for him!
  2. Get a bikini wax. Eek! I've never had anything waxed in my life. But what better excuse than this?
  3. Buy Miller Light. I can't welcome the man home from war and not have his favorite beer in the refrigerator!
  4. Get his cell phone turned on.
  5. Add K to my gym membership. Just because he's home for 18 days doesn't mean we're going to be sitting around the whole time. Plus, working out together is a pretty good aphrodisiac -- not that we'll need one, I'm sure. lol
  6. Bake something. I think he might enjoy eating homemade cookies that haven't spent a full week in a box being transported through random insanely hot Third World countries.

I can't believe it's almost here. With all the preparations I have (I'm sure there are more than what's on this list), I'm thinking I've got a very busy month ahead of me! I'm just glad it's the fun kind of busyness!

8 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Yay for one month away!!! You've got plenty to do so this month will fly by. When is he home for good?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of trouble for a silly boy. snicker

I bet you guys will have lots of fun.

Knot

L said...

You DO have a lot to do! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay for only one more month!!! Have fun getting everything ready!

a tall sassy gal said...

Let's talk about the bikini wax. Want to make sure you get it done the right way.

So exciting it is almost here!

Chastity said...

I can tell you are SO excited...and rightfully so!

Mrs. Architect said...

Even IIIII am excited!!! And it's not my hubby returning from war! LESS THAN A MONTH NOW!!!! YIPEE!!!

Katrina said...

Only a month! Woot!

Sounds like you have a lot of fun planned, and you've thought of all the sweet little things that will make him feel at home.

Don't worry about the bikini wax. Just choose a reputable spa, pop a couple of Benadryl before you go (to short circuit the histamine reaction that causes those little red bumps), and try to relax. They are good at making it go fast, and the results are well worth it!