Monday, August 11, 2008

I've hung out with a lot of bloggers lately

I can't believe all the things I did last weekend. Here's a rundown:
  • Got a few things fixed on my bike on Friday night
  • Bought a pair of cowboy boots (I think I might have had a pair when I was little, so I can't call these my first, but they might be ...)
  • Got up at 5:15 Saturday morning and rode my bike just over 72 miles
  • Had dinner at AJ's house for her sister's going-off-to-OU (smart girl!) party
  • Went country dancing in my new cowboy boots with AJ, her mom and sister, and 18 billion of her sister's friends
  • Hung out with AJ and a few friends after dancing -- and went to bed at 4 a.m. (remember when I said I woke up that day) (I did take an hour-long nap once I got home from cycling, but still!)
  • I skipped church to sleep in. I needed it. I don't even remember the last time I slept past 9:30 (if that).
  • Hung out at the pool with Heather and Elle for several hours (Long enough for me to get a little pink. Oops! I thought we were only going to be out there for an hour, so I didn't wear sunscreen.)
  • Went to dinner with Brit to catch up on life over margaritas
I was also pet-sitting a coworker's dog, who managed to pee all over my carpet so many times I lost count, so I was going all over my apartment with carpet cleaner all weekend. That was fun.

Anyway, I did manage to upload some pictures tonight, which made me realize something really cool that I never blogged about that happened a few weeks ago.

While s was on her Tour o' Tejas with her boyfriend, she swung through the Dallas area, so we met up for some ice cream. It's definitely interesting meeting a blogger. You know so much about the ins and outs of their lives -- and they know so much about yours -- that it's weird to finally meet them in person. Will it be awkward? Will you have anything to say to each other? Will they be at all like they are in their blog? Will they be a serial killer?

Lucky for me, s turned out to not be a murderer, and our little ice cream date wasn't awkward at all! I swear, from the moment we got out of our cars, we were chatting nonstop. We talked for over 2 hours before she had to leave to meet up with her boyfriend's family. We did manage to get a picture, though, and I definitely hope to meet her again in the future -- maybe even in her territory next time (which she mentioned a couple times is much cooler than Texas in July)!

















Aaaand while we're at it, pictures of AJ and me from Saturday night. Because I'm wearing the exact same shirt as I was three weeks ago when I took this picture with s. I swear I have other shirts.

















I had to get the boots too!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

You got to meet s??? I'm totally jealous!!!

L said...

I'm jealous of you AND s! I want to meet you both! :)

I love your cowboy boots!

s said...

i mentioned it was hot there? shocking, i mean thinking back maybe it wasn't that bad, ha. so glad we got to hang out :)

a tall sassy gal said...

I really want some boots!!