Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Not a bad way to start my day!

When I got in the office this morning, I got a compliment on my shoes, which are the ones I bought to go with my dress I'm wearing when I pick K up for R&R. Another coworker said, "I've got to see these cute shoes!" She peeked around the corner at them and said, "They are cute! Especially with your pedicure!"

I was leaning over to sign up for a blood drive at work, so I put my purse on the counter. "Your bag is really cute too! It's so summery!" said the first coworker.

Um, the shoes were from Payless -- on sale. The "pedicure" was an at-home job. As for the bag, I bought it last summer at Wal-Mart for $9.95.

Then, I got an email that I'd gotten mail at the front desk. It was a package from K to "add a great start to your birthday week":






















That'll do it!

(In case you were wondering, he had sent the flowers through a national flower company. They arrived in a box. I guess in transit, a couple of the flowers broke off near the top of the stems. That's what the two roses in the small white vase are.)

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Awwww - how sweet of him!!!! When's your b-day?? Mine is thursday. We should do a cross continental birthday celebration. :D

Katrina said...

What a sweetie! I love how you guys are keeping the romance alive across the world...you truly have a great love story. :)

(And Happy Birthday Week!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthweek! :)

Mrs. Architect said...

What an amazing hubby! A superhero AND a romantic...sigh....


Happy Birthday week!! I'm super excited to celebrate Saturday!!

s said...

so perfect! happy birthday week!

Anonymous said...

that's so sweet!

a tall sassy gal said...

Those are so pretty. Ready for your birthday!