Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a bad time of year for Save the Dates

Over the last few weeks, I've been collecting addresses to send out our Save the Dates. Many people have figured out why, responding with things like, "I can't wait for the wedding!"

A few who aren't really close friends, though, have replied, "I need yours too!!!" I can only guess what that means: They think I'm sending them a Christmas card, so they want to be sure to send me a card too.

I sent out over 40 Christmas cards last week. Maybe that's not a lot, but to me, it was -- especially to do by myself (and signing K's name and mine)! I sent cards to K's family, my family, K's closest friends and my closest friends. I addressed all of them by hand. I sent out every card I had.

But I'm still getting a few, "I need yours too!" messages. Guess I'll be buying more cards tonight.

2 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

I wouldn't worry about it! I got out of this by designing our save the dates AS our holiday cards. I figured, kill 2 birds with one stone.

Anonymous said...

Think of all of those lucky people who get TWO pieces of mail from you! :)