Monday, November 24, 2008

Sometimes I'm busy when I'm not blogging

  • The Coldplay concert was awesome! I will so totally see them again. (Chris Martin, if you must retire at 33, you better have a big farewell tour, because I really really really want to see a Coldplay concert with K.)

  • I got my first passport in the mail last week! I can officially travel the world now. And go to Mexico with a huge group of friends once our husbands get back from the deployment next spring. Woohoo!

  • I went to see Twilight last Friday night with AJ and a friend from work. I haven't read any of the books, and I don't know if I'll start (Seriously, why doesn't he just turn her into a vampire already?! It's such an obvious solution!), but I sure managed to get a crush on Edward! Never mind the fact that he's only 22 ...

  • Um, college football is awesome. (Sorry, Knot!)

  • I'm a teensy bit (OK, really) scared for next Saturday's game. (We're playing our second-biggest rivals, the OSU Cowboys, at home in Stoolwater *ahem* Stillwater. SO MUCH rides on the outcome of this game!!!)

  • I ran on Sunday for the first time since my half-marathon! The pathetic part: I can feel it in my calves. And I only ran 2 miles. Isn't it awesome how long it takes to build up to that strength and distance ... and how quickly your body can lose it?

  • There will be a big military ball this spring after the soldiers return home from Iraq. I happened to be running an errand at the mall when I walked by a big rack that said "70% OFF." I stopped (duh!) and managed to find a gorgeous dress that was only $51 (original price: $170!!!). I now have my dress for the ball. Score!




Lots of little bits of pretty cool news. Saving the best for last:

  • K is coming home in January!!!

I don't think that last one has hit me yet. It's starting to. Once it does, though, ohmygosh I'll be freaking out. So it's good it's taking its time, because I have WAY too much to do between now and then. But to look on the bright side, at least it'll get here even faster!

4 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Love the dress!!

And so many good things happening to both of us. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that dress us beautiful!! :) And how exciting K is coming home January!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dress! I think the fact that you got it for a steal makes it even more beautiful! ;)

January is going to be here in the blink of an eye. Hurrah!

Pink Sun Drops said...

I love that dress on you!!