Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I'm home again! I'm exhausted, and when I think back over the last week (and all the traveling I did), I can see why:
  • Tuesday: 1 hr from airport to ER's
  • Wednesday: 1 hr to meet Jeremy, then 2.5ish hours to my dad's
  • Thursday: NONE!
  • Friday: 1 hr to meet Danielle, then 30ish minutes to meet the roomies, plus 15 more to stay at Lindsay's house
  • Saturday: just under 2.5 hours to see Mom and my stepsisters
  • Sunday: 1 hour to grandma's
  • Monday: 2.5ish hours back to Dallas to see Heather
  • Tuesday: 30 minutes to airport, then 4ish hours on planes
I logged almost 1,000 miles on my rental car. Good thing I had unlimited miles!

After all that traveling, I'm a bit behind blogging. Things I need to post about:
  • New Year's in Buffalo & Niagara Falls (believe it or not, this post [with pictures!!] has been in the works for a week. Kinda hard to update when you're busy catching up and driving!)
  • K got promoted! I actually corrected a two-star general during the ceremony
  • My brother has a girlfriend! And I got to meet her (without him there!). Pretty sure she's the girl he's gonna marry!
  • My visit with my mom
  • Learning how to make my grandma's Italian Cream Cake ... by making it with her (can't wait to look at these pictures once I load them!)
  • The two things I recently decided to add to my "Things I'm Doing Simply Because I Never Thought I Would" list
I've got two whole days home until we leave again for the next trip, so I've got my work cut out for me. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

I'm SUPER anxious to read the visit with your mom.

Wish I knew you were going to be in Dallas! It's been SO long since I've seen you! I miss you girlie!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

can't wait to hear how the visit with your mom went! my mom and i are going through some "stuff" it's not fun! hope your news is better.

Anonymous said...

Wheee! So excited to get caught up on all of your happenings! :) Glad you're home safe! And congrats to K!