Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some reward for all that hard work!

K and I are back in VA now. We've been back almost a week, actually. In that time, I've stayed busy unpacking, cleaning around the house, and doing yard work.

It turns out our yard accumulates quite a bit of leaves if you leave (ba-dum, ching!) them to build up all season long. When I saw our neighbors had yet again raked their tiny back yard, I decided it was time to deal with our leaves.

On Wednesday, I bought us a rake and got to work. I accidentally locked myself out of the house, so I was forced to get it all done in one day. K was able to get out of work a little early, so he got home at about 4:30 to let me back in. In the 3.5 hours I'd spent stuck outside with the rake, I got some pretty nasty blisters at the base of my thumbs, but I got our yard from this:
































































to this. I was surprised to see that our grass is still green!






























































Once K got home, we spent an hour or so trying to bag up all the leaves. At that point, it was getting dark and starting to rain, so we quit for the night.

On Thursday, I set out to pick up a few more piles. It was in the 40s and drizzling, but I wanted to get as many up as I could since the forecast called for wind and rain for the next few days. After a couple hours, the yard was done, and so was I with the outdoors and the cold.





























































Unfortunately, the cold was just getting started with me. By Friday night, I was pretty congested. In the past 48 hours, I've made my way through an entire box of Kleenex and several doses of Dayquil & Nyquil ... and that's about all I've done.

Hopefully one more dose of Nyquil will leave me feeling better. I've got a lot of catching up to do in Blogland!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, raking queen!

Not gonna lie - it's pretty strange for me to see a picture of green grass right now. :)

Mrs. Architect said...

My grass here in dallas isnt that green!! What a gorgeous yard yall have!