Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A brighter day

I guess I'm just going to have a love-hate relationship with this job.

Monday, just like the entire week before it, was ridiculously stressful. And frustrating. When I got off work, I called K and vented to him, as I'd done the entire week before it, about the same topics I'd vented about the entire week before. He finally told me he couldn't take it anymore, that I should talk to my boss about it or put in my two weeks' notice.

And then Tuesday was better. It had its frustrating moments, but the ridiculous feeling of pressure and stress was noticeably gone. I even managed to be very productive! Today has been the same. I like my job today.

I'm getting more comfortable being honest about all of this to my coworkers -- even my boss. They're not surprised. I guess we're all in the same boat.

See, pretty much everything we do requires input and information from other people who are oftentimes too busy to give us that info in a timely or complete manner. So we're left scrambling, clawing, digging -- babysitting, even -- and stressed.

Many nights, by the time I get home, the last thing I want to see is my computer, which is partly to blame for my absence lately. (The other part is the fact we've had visitors the last 3 weeks. I'd like to keep my blog private, and they've all been using my computer.)

All this time, I thought it was just me. That if I told my coworkers I was frustrated, they'd think I couldn't handle the job. So not the case.

What a relief!

1 comment:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Yay! So glad things are feeling more positive!