Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bring on the guests!

This is our first week to have the house to ourselves in a month! 

We had a friend (and his unbelievably, patience-testing, neurotic dog) stay with us for about two-and-a-half weeks. Then, my stepsisters came to visit us last Monday through Saturday. The girls were actually our first non-East Coast visitors! 

I know things are tough and money is tight for pretty much everyone right now, but we've had so many friends say to us, "We're going to come visit you for [spring break/our anniversary/our vacation]." I know that just because people say that doesn't mean they're coming, but when they start asking me about airports and average temperatures, I think, Well, I guess they are coming!

But the girls were the first ones to follow through. When it feels like we're constantly traveling to see everyone else, it was nice to get to play tour guide to some of our friends!

The girls had a great trip, and my mom said they can't stop talking about how fun it was. Unfortunately, K and I had to work the whole week, but we were able to spend evenings with them. I got to have lunch with them and show them around the area I work.

So fun! They were wonderful visitors. Maybe their tales of their fantastic trip will inspire a couple more to come our way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Glad that had so much fun!

Love, love, love your dress! :)

Mrs. Architect said...

LOVE your dress!!! Where did you get it?

my life is brilliant said...

Thanks! I got the dress on sale at The GAP last summer for less than $20!

It's a loose-fitting dress, so I searched forever for the perfect thin red belt to go with it. I finally found one at The Limited a few weeks ago. The belt is super annoying, so I'm glad to hear it was all worth it. :)

I think this will probably be my Fourth of July outfit. (The Fourth and St. Patrick's Day are the two holidays I actually wear the colors for!)