Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Thank you, Thumper!

You know Thumper's famous advice: "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"? (That's a double negative, but it's his exact quote, and you know what I mean. Also, shit! I've kind of broken the rule already.)

That's why I've been a bit silent lately. That and the fact I've been incredibly busy. We were gone all weekend (pleasant post about that later), and once we got back Sunday night, I was so busy with getting dinner ready, unpacking, and doing laundry that I didn't even get on my computer. I didn't touch it last night either.

K and I are getting into running again right now, which is turning out to be pretty unfun. It's been several weeks since I had an enjoyable run. That run was the 7-miles K and I did around our neighborhood. It's the one my knee swelled after, and the swelling only got worse after the 10-miler. Although I haven't had the swelling problem (knock on wood) since then, I've still hated every step of every single run we've done since*. My MRI is this week. Maybe after I meet with my doctor for the post-MRI followup, I'll feel better about running.

We've had a house guest the last two weeks, so that's kept me from the computer. He leaves this weekend.

But the biggest thing in my life right now is that new activity that takes up about 40 hours of my week. I'll go with Thumper on this one, too.


*Except for last Saturday, which wasn't really a run. Maybe that was the trick. But again, more on that later. :)

No comments: