Friday, September 10, 2010

Love. That. Class!

Last night, I went to my first kickball class in for.ev.er. I can't even remember the last time I was able to go to that class, but I'm pretty sure I'd only been once since my class with GFF.

With all our travels in August, we just weren't here on Thursday nights for me to enjoy my class. I had to skip last week because my knee was still acting up, and I figured the last thing I needed to do was spend an hour doing squats.

But last night. Oh, last night.

I didn't bring my own kettlebell with me because I wasn't sure I could handle it after all that time off. I grabbed a 10-pounder from the gym, and it made the first half of the class very easy. At our first break (30 mins. in!), I grabbed a 15-pound kettlebell that someone had just put back, and I used it as much as I could for the rest of the class.

It was exhausting. It was painful. It was sweaty. It was fantastic.

Today, my glutes are burning. My thighs are burning. My back is sore. My arms are even protesting a bit. I just might be in the best mood I've been in for a good couple weeks, probably (and it's a workday!).

And for the first time in 3 weeks, my left knee feels 100%.

I suspected mentally that I was addicted. Evidently my body needs that weekly ass-kicking too.

I'm happy to oblige.

No comments: