Monday, May 02, 2011

Dinner date

K and I had a dinner date tonight! We went to the Ch@mberlin, a beautiful restaurant on historic Fort M.onroe that we've wanted to visit for a while. Thanks to a Liv!ng Soc!al coupon that I bought months ago (and that expired -- you guessed it! -- today), we finally did. It was fantastic!

(Sorry the color is weird on these pictures. I'm too exhausted from camping this weekend -- more on that later -- to worry about it much right now.)

Fried shrimp battered in rice krispies. Surprisingly, unbelievably delicious!

K ordered duck. Also yummy.

My view at dinner

Beautiful restaurant! (Mondays aren't their busy night.)

The Chamberlin is actually a historic hotel. It kind of reminded me of The Shining.

The view outside the restaurant. You might recognize this shot from my run photos a few weeks ago.

Beautiful view off the balcony.



For a couple who doesn't really do date night often, this was a great choice!

4 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

That looks fantastic and that view is stunning!

Pink Sun Drops said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pink Sun Drops said...

Boo! That link was messed up. Here's another try:

PS I'd love to include this in a new thing I'm trying called Uniquely Your City. Do you mind? I won't put the city name, just the state, if you want and they can come here and figure out the city themselves.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! And that food. I could really, really go for that shrimp right now. Like maybe 8 or 20 pieces.