Friday, September 07, 2007

Don't forget me, Piper!

Since K and I are heading to OK tomorrow & Piper's still recovering -- along with the fact we'll be crazy busy tomorrow -- I left her with a co-worker for the weekend. She usually cries or barks when I leave her at my desk or with other co-workers. I don't want her to have separation anxiety, but it's nice to know that she likes me that much.

We clicked pretty quickly. I only met her for almost an hour the first time, when she was insanely hyper and I wasn't sure if she'd be too much to handle or to take to work with me. That's why I took her the second time, when she stayed overnight. That was enough for me to know I had to adopt her, and when K and I went to pick her up a week later, she remembered me.

At the OU watch party at my apartment that same night, she followed me around, and my friends were saying, "She already knows who her mommy is!" I thought it was cool that she took to me that fast.

That was after just over 24 hours with her. And she's spending 48 hours with my co-worker. I think it'll be good because she'll see that I'm going to come back. She'll see that she'll be OK if I'm not there.

But it's only been a few hours since I left her with my co-worker, and I miss her already. And what if, after I pick her up and bring her to work again on Monday, she keeps trying to go to my co-worker's desk and cries when she's left with me?

1 comment:

a tall sassy gal said...

She is seriously adorable!

Hope you had a great time in Norman!