Monday, August 20, 2007

Pretty sure she's not going to be Mia much longer

I met the puppy on Saturday. Mia looks just like her pictures. She's so cute.

She was really playful and hyper, and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with her. Maybe she'd be too much to take to work every day. Her foster family assured me that it's just puppy energy, and she'll stay playful, but she won't be such a handful in a few months.

Once we gave her a ball and a chew toy, though, she set to work playing with those and easily entertained herself for a long time.

I think K will love her. K is the guy who wears out his friends' dogs when he visits because he plays with them so much and runs them to death. He loves it, the dogs love it, and the dogs' owners love it. K is like a kid when he gets around dogs.

I told the foster family and the organization I found her through that I don't want to make any definite decisions until K gets to meet her. Since she'll be living with both of us eventually, it's important that he likes her too.

But I'm also thinking about emailing Mia's foster family to see if I could take her a bit early. She's just too cute, and I'm free next weekend anyway. And it'll be great for her to get a head start on learning her new name: Piper.

5 comments:

s said...

piper, i love it!

Anonymous said...

That name is too darn cute!

L said...

yeah please don't keep her name mia. that's what i want to name my daughter someday! :) i like the name piper. it sounds like a name for an energetic puppy.

Courtney said...

I love the name Piper!!

a tall sassy gal said...

Love the new name and glad it went well!