Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Life gets busy when you've got a puppy!

I got to see K on Friday for the first time in almost a month. It always takes me a while to get used to him again after we don't see each other a few weeks. Seeing his face in person and being around him and all his little quirks and mannerisms takes adjusting. I've been around all of that for a large portion of the last two years' worth of weekends, but that adjustment time never fails.

So it was nice that K and I were able to relax just the two of us Friday night and Saturday morning. We got out on Saturday and got a few things in preparation for picking up Piper. We spent about an hour at her foster parents' house chatting, and then we took her with us to Petsmart. She did really well there. Amazingly well. K kept saying, "Look at her! She's the best dog ever!" while she sat watching us trying to decide which shampoo, ear cleaner and treats would be best for her. Even choosing a toy was a big decision. "This dog is gonna be so spoiled," K said. As we carefully inspected all the labels to everything we were considering buying to make sure we had the most nutritious (yet still tasty!) dog treats and the best shampoo for puppies with black hair, K said, "Geez, imagine how ridiculous it's gonna be when we have kids!" We had looked at about seven or eight different kinds of treats, trying to figure out which ones were good for what. K picked up a bag and said, "Why don't we get this one?" I asked him, "What's the flavor supposed to be? We can't be rewarding our dog with the equivalent of vegetables instead of something like a cookie! It has to be a good treat!" We finally settled on a big bag of treats that are good for cleaning teeth. Piper sat watching us the whole time.















After a few more errands, we were back home and preparing to have 10 people come over for the OU watch party. We had the same crew of people, plus a couple, that always came to our watch parties last year -- all of us OU grads who'd met in college, most of us having been members of the Pride. It was a really great time, and I was really glad to have K here this season to be at the watch parties. It's the little things.

Piper was great with all our friends, and they were gushing and gushing about how good she was and how they couldn't believe we'd just had her a few hours. K and I felt like pretty proud parents. :) She's an awesome puppy.

Our game was pretty slow, which was nice -- it meant we were winning. We won 79-10. Next week, we play Miami, so hopefully we still kick butt at that game. I'll be there, and I'm pumped!




















Sunday, we hung out with Piper, and she even let us (especially K) sleep in a bit. Then, K & I went to Reun!on T0wer in downtown Dallas with ER & her boyfriend. It was on K's and my Dallas To-Do List, but I always figured it would be outrageously expensive. Thanks to Karen's recent trip (and blog about it), I learned it's not outrageously expensive. We can check that off our list, and we got some good pictures. Now that's a successful trip.















Monday, K and I went to see Superbad. Neither of us were really impressed. The movie was all right, but what's kind of funny is that the age range of people who will most fully "appreciate" the movie's kind of humor won't be able to see the movie for a few years, since it's rated R.

K headed back to Louisiana today, but not before meeting me for lunch and bringing Piper to my office (remember, we can bring dogs to work). My co-workers loved her. She was really good at work, too. Tomorrow will be her first full day in the office. Hopefully it'll go as smoothly.

Well, after writing this wrap-up post and getting all the pictures added, I'm exhausted. It's past my bedtime. Considering my new alarm clock wakes me up a bit earlier than I'm used to, I'm really valuing my sleep lately. But at least the new alarm clock is so much cuter than a stupid cell phone!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Wait, you can have alcohol AND puppies at work!?!? NO FAIR!

s said...

you can have puppies at work? sooo fun!! she's adorable, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

such a cute puppy! love you!

L said...

I love that you can have puppies at work - very cool! Lucky you that she's such a good dog. I think I could handle a dog if it was good and didn't ruin my stuff. It sounds like a really fun weekend! I need to make a to-do list myself.

Stacey Brandow said...

That puppy is so cute! You are making a cute family.... :)

California Girl said...

What a CUTE puppy! Adorable!