Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It's the one!

It's crazy how much importance you can place on a garment. You can search and search with a particular style or cut in mind, and it's hard to stop until you've found exactly what you're looking for.

I think we women are particularly guilty of putting so much emphasis on a perfect dress. But when you're looking forward to such an exciting day for so long, it's hard not to daydream about the dress you'll wear too. I mean, it is part of the picture.

I knew I wanted a dress, obviously. That was the easy part. I knew I wanted it to be flattering and show off all the hard work I've put into my arms. I wanted it to look effortless, but I didn't want it to be too revealing. After all, it's good to leave a few things to the imagination.

I had a few things in mind for what I wanted, so I kept my eyes open and tried on a few dresses from time to time. I didn't want to get too worked up over it; after all, I still had plenty of time. I figured I could afford to be patient for a little while longer. And it worked!

I'm excited to say that after months of searching, I've finally found the dress I'll be wearing on the wonderful, important day I've spent so many hours daydreaming about:






















the day I pick up K from the airport.

It's perfect! It's colorful, and it definitely will show off all the work I've put into my arms over the last 8 months (9 by September!). It's not too low-cut, so I'll avoid the cliche, in-your-face cleavage of the wife welcoming her husband home from war (not that I'm even remotely capable of in-your-face cleavage, but you get the point).

It's a little shorter than what I planned, but I think it's OK, given that it's not really revealing on top. It all balances out. It's cute, it's fun (it has pockets!), and it shows off just enough to be sexy and still leave a bit of mystery. Just what I was looking for! Oh yeah, and it was on sale. Score!

Now, aside from finding some shiny black flip flops, I'm all set for September. Bring it on!

6 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Like I told you before it is great for the occasion!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how close it is! That is a VERY cute dress!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

i love the dress. it's super cute!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I am sure K will approve! :)

Chastity said...

Very cute! Love the color!!

L said...

Yes, very cute! I can picture it on you. :)

I hope things go well with your mom tomorrow! I'll pray that God gives you the grace to be kind even if she's really annoying. :)