Sunday, November 22, 2009

Good thing we're not planning on kids anytime soon

I don't really cuss on this blog much. It's really usually not necessary in my posts. In real life though, particularly around K, my vocabulary is a bit more colorful. We often use cuss words when we joke with each other, and we love calling Piper a little bitch. (I think she actually likes it too.)

Anyway, so I was reading a blog the other day where the author announced she was pregnant. It was actually the same day that ER had told me she was pregnant. The blogger referred to their baby as "our bean." I've heard a few people refer to their unborn children as "bean" or "peanut." I thought it was cute until I realized a LOT of people refer to their fetus that way.

I turned to K. "Promise me that someday when we have a baby, we won't call it 'the bean' or 'peanut' before it's born."

"OK ..." K said slowly.

"We have to call it something original," I said, "like 'little shit' or 'fuckface.'"

4 comments:

Liz said...

We never called either girl by any name before they were born. It just felt odd. We even decided on Ava's name mid-pregnancy & told everyone, but we didn't call her that until she was born just in case she came out & she didn't seem to be an Ava to us after all!

But, if you are going to come up with a name for your fetus, I think your "original" way is definitely the way to go!

Unknown said...

LOL!! We called Amelia by whatever size she was that month according to my pregnancy book... peanut, lime, grapefruit, squash. But not seriously, it was in jest. Now this baby is just "baby girl" or we call her by her name. But Little Shit definitely wins the name game! You could go for Baby CrapShitMofo for the full effect. Hee! (I can just imagine the look on the future grandparents faces!) :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA.

Do it.

Cady said...

Hehe...love your names. :) We called Lucy "Smudge" before she was born since she was just a black smudge on her first ultrasound. We didn't want to call her "peanut" either since everyone does that.