Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This news made my day

ER called me tonight. "I have a little bit of news for you," she said. She told me she'd dreamed last night that she told me, and I reacted the way I did when Rachel told me she had gotten married.

(Haven't blogged about that one yet. Rachel married a douchebag in a secret ceremony, which she told me about four days later. When I called her. More on that crap later.)

Anyway, I was pretty sure I could guess ER's news, but I kept quiet, just in case.

"I'm pregnant."

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" I started tearing up. SO excited for her. It happened fast! She just told me in August that they were going to start trying. Her husband thought it would be fun to be able to tell everyone at Christmas. "You guys better get crackin'!" I told her.

She just got the official word from her doctor yesterday, and they told her she's five weeks along. Right now, they're putting the due date somewhere near July 20.

I'm so unbelievably excited. I can't wait to see ER in maternity clothes, to watch her belly grow, and to pick out tons and tons of gifts for her and the baby.

The only people they've told are ER's parents, her sister and BIL, and me. They want to tell her in-laws in person at Thanksgiving, and then her husband can start telling his friends (since he has to tell his parents first!). Not long after we got off the phone, I texted ER: "You guys are champs for being able to keep this quiet. I'm so excited I want to tell everyone, and I'm not even the one who's pregnant!"

I feel like I'm going to be an aunt!

3 comments:

L said...

That is so exciting! I know what you mean about the aunt thing. I feel that way about my best friend, too. I love her little girl so much, and I haven't even held her yet.

Liz said...

Congrats Auntie! My BFF & I agreed when she first got pregnant that we'd be "Aunties!" and she refers to me as Aunt Liz to her kids & I do the same for her with mine. Special people deserve the special Aunt title, so I think you qualify!

Unknown said...

MK is Amelia's auntie just as much as my sister is! I think it's so important for children to have a strong supportive environment, especially if they are girls (to have a lot of women surrounding them!).

YAY for your fun new adventure! I can't wait 'til it's you :) But I think I've told you that before ;)