Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Story of my life

I have a date tonight with a group of girls. We're headed out for dinner and to see the movie Bridesmaids.

It's a girls' night. I never get those. I'm always lobbying for those (specifically the kind where we get really dressed up for the hell of it).

The sad part is, I'm not really looking forward to it. Things have been so hectic the last few weeks that K and I haven't spent any time together. We've spent lots of time together with other people -- we even had a guest with us all weekend -- but none just the two of us.

Leave it to me to finally get my girl time ... and only want to spend time with my husband (who has kickball practice tonight anyway).

2 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

At least he has kickball practice so you wouldn't be hanging out together any way! Some of it might be all the built up apprehension of wanting a girls' night so bad and finally getting one, too. Have a BLAST - that movie looks hilarious! I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

I totally get it.

Well, not totally, as I do not have a husband.

But it always seems like those things that I really, really want/need to do (seeing a friend I haven't seen in a long time or whatnot) always come up when I have absolutely no time to fit in another event. Exhausting, isn't it? It's hard being so popular. ;)