Monday, May 23, 2011

Oops ... dude moment

May 23, 2009: It was a day that was in the works for over two years -- our "I Do, Part 2" ceremony. It was the day K and I had our "real" wedding -- in a church, with a reception, and almost all our friends and family there.

It was a beautiful, special, long-awaited day ...








... that turned into one hell of a party ...




... that I completely forgot about today ...

... That is, until I got an email from K's aunt wishing me a "Happy Dallas anniversary."

Whoops!

At least someone remembered, right?



For the record ('cause we get asked this a lot), we celebrate the September wedding -- the one where we actually became legally married -- as our wedding anniversary. Although we didn't live in the same state for almost two years after (heck, we didn't live on the same continent for 14 months of it!), it was a tough time in our relationship that I definitely want credit for!

3 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

You could always celebrate *both* ;) . Happy Dallas Anniversary, girl!

Kari said...

Happy Anniversary a day late! This past weekend (of your anniversary) is the Cdn May Long weekend -- also known as the 2-4 (as in a 24 of beer) weekend. Maybe that will help you remember it! I am very bad at remembering dates like this!
Loved seeing the pictures by the way.
Oh and I meant to comment on your other post about the food pictures that you should start a part time foto gig -- GFF is doing it -- so you should too!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh. I think Kari might have something there, young lady. You certainly have the talent!

Oh, and happy REALLY LATE Dallas anniversary!