Monday, July 10, 2006

More catching up

I worked on Friday, and K and I left on Saturday for Oklahoma to see my mom, her husband and my stepsisters. The girls hadn't met K before, so they were all coming in to see us. I felt terrible because Friday and Saturday I was just going crazy and was getting so frustrated at K. We'd spent over a week straight together. I told him the only time I'd been by myself was when I had been in the shower or using the bathroom (and sometimes he was there for those, too). Plus, we'd been pretty much hanging out with all guys. I needed some girl time!

Everything went smoothly. The girls are all so sweet, and they're fun to hang out with. And I got to hang out with girls!

Saturday night we went to my dad's and hung out with him. We went to church on Sunday and got back to Dallas at about 4:30 so we could hang out before K went back to Louisiana. I can't believe how fast all that time went by. I could definitely get used to being around him every day.

When we were in PA, I asked K if his mom knew how he felt about me. He told me that he'd told her around Easter that he knew he wanted to marry me. She said she already knew, and she was happy for him and she liked me. I'm so glad she knew before she died. It makes me sad, though, that I'll miss out on a relationship with a mother in law. I wanted to at least get to tell her how much I love him and care about him. I wanted her to know that he's a wonderful guy and that she did such a great job raising him. I wanted to tell her most of all that I'm going to take care of him. I'm sad I won't get to do that, but I hope that if she could tell how he feels about me, then she could tell how I feel about him, too.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I think Kyle feels the same way about my dad. The two of them only met once, and it was brief. :( It totally breaks my heart.

s said...

i love this post i've never heard someone so beautifully write about their love for another. it made me cry- it's just really beautiful and i am such a sap.