Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Thanks, Noodle

Yesterday was kind of a stressful day. I was at work until 7 because of a last-minute thing that needed to be done. I got home at 8:15, so I didn't go to the gym. Instead, I showered immediately and vegged out on the couch watching TV with Noodle. I painted my toes and my fingernails, and I ate some Doritos. And some Mountain Trail mix. And some chocolate ice cream. (little bits of all of the above, if that makes it any better)

K was able to call me for a little bit from training in the field. He was pretty tired, so we only talked for about 15 minutes or so. It was just after 11. I went to sleep. I slept straight until 4 a.m., when Noodle suddenly bolted onto the foot of my bed, jumped back off, ran out of my bedroom and across the living room, then ran full blast straight onto my bed before slamming on his brakes right in my face. I have no idea what his deal was. I guess he just got a burst of energy (or got a hold of his catnip toy). He laid down beside me and started purring. I went back to sleep.

At least 5 times after that the little punk woke me up by jumping on or off my bed or meowing or licking me or doing something else to disturb my not-so-peaceful slumber. Now I'm feeling a little tired and having to fight dozing off because my work is arriving slowly today. I'm sure I'll be fine this afternoon, which is when everything will hit, so I'll be pretty busy.

If Noodle wakes me up like that again tonight, I'm kicking him out of my room so I can sleep!

No comments: