Monday, July 17, 2006

Yakkity yak

I was awakened at about 7 this morning by Noodle coughing up a hairball on my bedroom floor. In three different spots. Fun. At least I was there to clean it up fast so it was easier to get it all up.

Louisiana was fun this weekend. K's roommate's girlfriend was in. K and I had never met her before. She's actually really nice, and K's roommate is a lot more normal now that he's got her, which is also nice. Saturday morning, K and I got up and took Noodle to the vet to get his final round of shots. The vet went to take his temperature, but unlike last time, she took it with a rectal thermometer. Noodle did not enjoy that, and we weren't even warned it was coming. Kinda felt bad about that one!

After we dropped Noodle back off at K's apartment, we went to the gym and worked out for a while. We ate some turkey burgers for lunch and swam in the pool for a bit. Then, we cleaned up and went with a group of 8 to go to Johnny Carinos (my favorite) and to see the Pirates of the Carribean. Johnny Carinos was great. The movie was long. I was so tired because K had set his alarm for 7:30 to take Noodle to the vet. Noodle had been waking us up since about 6, and we tried to keep going back to sleep until a little before 9, when we finally gave up. And that's on top of the fact that K was having trouble sleeping and was tossing and turning all night. Needless to say, it had been a pretty long day. So the fact that we went to a 10:15 movie was probably not good. About an hour and a half into it, I started feeling pretty tired. Knowing we were halfway through it, though, I figured I'd be okay. My watch battery had died, so I asked K what time it was. It was 11:00. We were only 45 minutes into the movie. I pretty much don't remember the majority of the middle of the movie. I'd even say most of the movie. I struggled to stay awake through the whole thing. I'd have probably been better off if I'd just taken a 10-minute nap and missed only that. Instead, it was seeing Elizabeth kiss Captain Jack Sparrow that woke me up because it made me mad. I hate cheating!

I guess I'll just have to rent the movie when it comes out so I can see what all I missed ...

Yesterday we slept in and watched TV most of the day. It was nice and relaxing. I drove Noodle back to Dallas. He was in the kitty carrier, and he kept meowing. When he started turning circles in it, I was worried he needed to use the bathroom, so I let him out since the litterbox was in the floor. Sure enough, Noodle got in it and pawed around. I noticed he was peeing, but he was still standing straight up. I leaned over and pushed his butt down, but the damage was already done. I could really only laugh because he did the same thing in K's car when he drove Noodle to Louisiana. I was close to a gas station I was planning to pull over at anyway, so I was able to clean it up pretty quickly.

Seems like a theme with this cat the last couple days ...

No comments: