Friday, July 21, 2006

Another friend! :)

Sarah is on vacation this week, so I'm doing my job and hers. It's been pretty hectic, and I've been there later than usual every night. Not that I mind, because I get paid by the hour. And boy, do I need that extra money.

I went to the gym tonight, and I was working out on the treadmill when this girl came in who looked just like a girl who lived on my floor in the dorms freshman year in college. She's from Oklahoma, too, so I knew there was no way it was her. But she looked at me as though she recognized me. I figured she was looking at someone behind me. Not wanting to be the idiot who waves at the person who's waving at someone behind her, I just kept looking at her. She was still far across the room, but moving closer. She kind of waved at me (still unsure herself, I guess), so then I knew it was her. It's so exciting to see someone you know when you least expect it!

Dallas is so big, and just the other day (Tuesday) I was feeling really lonely and missing life in Oklahoma and Norman, where I knew everyone and people are nice and I have a lot of friends. Here, it's hard to meet people because (a) they're not very friendly here, (b) I'm not in school anymore, (c) Dallas is huge, and (d) honestly, people look at you funny in Dallas if you're nice to them. Or they ignore you. Maybe it's just me they do this to, but still ...

I talked to Lindsey (the girl from the dorms) for a few minutes, and she was leaving, so she had her purse, which had her cell phone, so she got my number. Hopefully we'll hang out sometime.

Nothing like living in a city to make you feel like a loser with no friends ... (Okay, not really. But I
am really excited about knowing someone else here.)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Awesome! I love having more friends! Especially in a semi new (and huge) town.