Tuesday, September 05, 2006

How would you know?

I got an e-mail from Old Navy about the store's Labor Day sale, and it had some really cute stuff in it. Clearly, I had to go to Old Navy after work today. I found a couple cute shirts (go figure -- it's pants I could really use more of) that will work great for work or for outside of work, which is my goal for my wardrobe. I took my cute new shirts to the cash register. There was one open, and it was empty. I walked up, and the cashier, whose eyes were coated in purple glitter, began her Old Navy Staff/cashier intro:

cashier: "Hi, how are you doing today?"
me: "Good, thanks."
cashier: "You look kinda tired."
me: [crickets] " ... Okay."
cashier: "Well, are you?"
me: "I guess so. I'm always a little tired. Who isn't?"

I'm not one of those people who would let such an off comment ruin my whole day (or my day hadn't been dramatic or bad enough for me to care, since it was neither dramatic or bad), but it was definitely a weird thing to say.

I'd never seen this girl in my life. How the heck does she know if I look tired?

No comments: