Monday, September 25, 2006

Mingling with the stars ...

Last night, I did it. In a matter of days, I will be the owner of a brand new Dell laptop. I'm very excited.

I had a great time in Norman this weekend. The game was actually kind of boring, and I really felt bad for Middle Tennessee. We needed that game, though, after the previous week. Next weekend is our off weekend, so Danielle's coming to visit. I'm excited about that. And the week after that is the Red River Rivalry -- OU/texas weekend. Any other year besides last year, that's like texas' bowl game. This year, though, we're pretty much on a level playing field. It'll be a good game this year, I hope.

But Saturday before the game, I was walking around on wonderful campus corner. Billy Sims now has a store there, and Steve Owens and Jason White, two of our Heisman winners, were signing autographs and posing for pictures. So I was with a family friend, and we were waiting in line to take a picture. When we got to the front of the line, Jason White, who was at OU the same time as me, looked at me and said, "You look familiar. Where do I know you from?" (OU's a pretty big campus, so it could be from class or a number of other things.) I thought it was awesome that our star quarterback from my junior and senior years recognized me, but I played it off and said, "I was here at the same time as you, and I was in the band all four years." I had met him once before at Chili's, and he was like, "Oh, yeah. I remember that."















It was awesome. :)

2 comments:

my life is brilliant said...

I am the one with the curly hair -- the girl, not Jason White.

And Jef, I didn't know you are a Tech fan! That just so happens to be the ONE team in Texas that I actually like! And my experiences with Texas Tech fans in college were always very pleasant.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new dell.. i seriously heart my lil dell.