Friday, September 01, 2006

BOOMER!!!

ER and I are going to Norman tomorrow for the OU game. I'm really excited. I've been waiting for this football season pretty much since last season, when we weren't good. Luckily, as Sooner fans, that doesn't happen often. I was actually glad to go through a season like that, though, because it makes you appreciate more when your team is not on top, but especially because I can say I've been a Sooner fan through a bad season. And I'm just as proud and yell just as loud (if not louder) in a bad season as a good one.

Work was actually really good today. Our department head is on vacation, so out second-in-command was in charge, and she's a huge UT (University of texas) fan. OU and ut are HUGE rivals, and she told me I'm the first Sooner fan she's met that she likes (Obviously, she hasn't met many of us, because, while I am really awesome, we all rock.). Anyway, at the end of the day today, she stopped by my office and told me she really appreciated my extra help this week and that I had been a huge relief to Sarah today because I'd helped her out so much. She told me I'd done a great job, which was cool because she's one of those people who doesn't compliment you unless she really means it.

I talked to K for a while today. He's still doing well. He's finally with his soldiers now. I got some things to send to him in a care package last night. I'm planning on baking cookies on Monday and sending the package on Tuesday, since the post office is closed for Labor Day. I got all kinds of goodies to put in it -- protein bars, his favorite gum, little Crystal Light individual packets that he likes. I'll put cookies in there and then some recent pictures. I wish I could put myself in there ...

ER and I are leaving tomorrow morning at 8, and that's AFTER I drive to her house to meet her parents there, who we're riding with (saving on gas, AND her dad wears "magic" cargo pants that produce Bud Light!). I've got to get to bed -- an exciting day tomorrow!

I'll leave you with what I'll have in my head while I'm sleeping, all day tomorrow and probably through January. Get excited! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good time! You sound like you may make your team on top just by your enthusiasm alone!!