Friday, September 29, 2006

Not a morning person

I didn't go to the gym (again) last night, but I had a good excuse. I didn't go Wednesday night, either, but again -- good excuse. Same for Tuesday.

See, I went on Sunday AND on Monday. Monday I just wasn't feeling it. I could feel myself getting cranky toward the end of my workout while I was doing cardio. It was kinda hot, and I'm just not a fan of getting sweaty. I'll do it, but I just wasn't in to it anyway, so why do two things that I wasn't really into that night?

I got off the elliptical 15 minutes into doing cardio (and really just 5 min. short of what I'd intended to do). I told Jeremy I'd be staying home on Tuesday for a break. I did. I liked it.

Then Wednesday I got the note about K's package and decided to go ahead and send his early. All I needed to do was bake the cookies. So I did, and I cleaned my bathroom. And I wrote K a letter to go in the package. And I did a little bit of laundry.

Last night, I was ready to go to the gym. I wanted to go to the gym, only I didn't have time. See, I'd intended to take some cookies to work because Sarah is leaving!! I'm really sad about that. Anyway, all the cookies I made on Wednesday night fit into the care package, so I shipped them all off. Literally. So I made more last night. I vacuumed my apartment since Danielle is coming over tonight to stay the weekend. I did a little more laundry. I cleaned my kitchen.

I made plans to go to the gym this morning. And it's funny that I did that, because just yesterday I finally came to terms with the fact that I'm not really a morning person. I don't want to admit that because I do want to be a morning person.

However, I value my sleep. Tremendously. And I don't go to bed early. I don't want to say that I'm not a morning person because it sounds like when I wake up I'm cranky or hard to get out of bed, and that's not really the case. If I have something fun that day or I'm excited about something coming up, you'd think I'm the biggest morning person in the world.

I set my alarm last night for 6:10 so I could get up and go to the gym before work. But I'd looked forward to today because I could sleep until 7:30 because I was driving to work rather than taking mass transit. I didn't want to lose that.

I woke up at 6:10 and thought, my bed is so comfy ... why would I want to get up? I wouldn't have had a problem getting up to get ready for work or something like that, but just the thought of getting up an hour earlier than I'd planned so I could go to the gym and do cardio for 30 minutes and get sweaty wasn't a good enough reason. So I stayed in bed. :)

The gym will still be there on Sunday (after Danielle leaves)! And just think how good my workout will be because I'll be all ready to be back in there, refreshed from my six-day absence.

No comments: