Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The hair gods were on my side last night

My guardian angels were watching over my hair last night. :) I gave the hairstylist specific instructions and told him I was nervous after the last fiasco. He understood and said he'd give me a haircut I loved and that everything would be okay.

I didn't give him much freedom with what he did, but he did do a great job. He did exactly what I asked: trimmed about an inch or so from my ends, kept the framing around my face and kept the light layering at the ends of my hair. He didn't touch the random layer I call the "shelf layer" that the jerkface added at my last haircut (The layer was above my shoulders, while the rest of my hair was at or below. Layers that go above your shoulders when your hair is straight are definitely not good news for thick, curly hair.).

This hairstylist also wanted to straighten my hair when he was done. I let him, since I was thinking about doing it myself anyway. I was relieved to see when he was finished straightening it that my hair was still a good few inches below my shoulders, which means it won't be above my shoulders when it's curly -- and which is very different from the last cut.

Hopefully my regular hairstylist will be back from maternity leave by the time I need a cut again. And by that time, my shelf layer should be long enough that she can make it disappear with the brilliant cut she'll give me.

For now, though, all is good in Hairland. Whew!

3 comments:

California Girl said...

Happy it all worked out! It's always a risk with new hairdressers!

Courtney said...

Hooray!!!

Photos??

a tall sassy gal said...

Yayayayay!! Glad it went well. I am always nervous to get my haircut too!