Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Busy busy busy

This past weekend was a pretty hectic one. Friday night, I went out to a bar with Jeremy and couple other friends. Most of them were some of his friends from work, but a college friend I know through Jeremy was there with her fiance. We had a good time talking and hanging out until this awful band started playing at the bar, and we wound up text messaging each other for a while in an effort to keep communicating, since it required screaming to even be heard by the person next to you. That got old pretty quickly, so we wound up leaving, but I was glad for the early night.

I had planned on getting up early Saturday morning to go bike riding. When I woke up, though, I just wasn't feeling it. I wanted to sleep some more, and it looked like it had rained the night before. I could feel myself starting to get the first signs of a cold anyway (because I'm a genius and slept with my window open and two fans on one night last week), so I opted to skip out on riding and sleep instead.

I had plans to meet up with a co-worker friend to go wedding dress shopping anyway, so I think I made a good move. The dress shop we went to was great. I absolutely loved it and the people there. I found a couple dresses that I really liked. I don't know if either was necessarily "the" dress, but we'll see. They're definite possibilities.

After dress shopping, we had lunch and hung out a bit. We haven't hung out much outside of work, so it was fun to catch up -- especially since work has had the two of us going in different directions lately anyway.

I ran a couple errands -- including getting my fourth massage, which was really nice, but would have been much more enjoyable had I been able to breathe through my nose. I ran a couple more errands after the massage, then came home and collapsed for a 30-minute nap. I woke up an hour later (oops!) and hurried to change for Miss Heather's bachelorette party. We met up in a very exclusive spot for dinner, which was quite an experience. I immediately felt my small-town roots showing when the waiter got to our table and asked what kind of water we wanted. I know there's bottled or tap, and there's some crazy expensive kind that some people drink (Perignon?) and I was forced into trying once but found it utterly disgusting. But I had no idea how to answer that question. At this restaurant, I figured the "type of water" could have been cucumber water, spring water or even water with some kind of flower floating in it. I figured there was no telling. Luckily someone else answered for the whole table: "Tap is fine." (Easy enough!)

The menu was just as intimidating. I knew part of most everything on the menu, but then there would be something else thrown in that would make me a little unsure about that particular item, like throwing fig on a salad or something. I don't get too adventurous or exotic with my food, so I went with crab cakes (I had had them once before in my life, and they were good, and I knew this place wouldn't mess them up) and a Caesar salad. I figured the two probably weren't the best combo, but I didn't care. I chose the two items I could understand on the menu!

The food was delicious, and we had a really good time gabbing over dinner, yummy fresh bread and drinks. After dinner, we went to a hotspot bar for a bit. I was pretty tired from a full day, so I only stayed until about midnight or so, but it was really a good time. I'll have to post the pictures I got later. I'm sure Heather will post plenty herself.

I went to church the next day and then out to lunch with ER. It was good to catch up with her, since we've both been going crazy with our hectic lives lately. The afternoon was full of errands and straightening up around my apartment. That night, I went to see Brit in her new house. She and her boyfriend just bought a house together that's really just a couple miles from my place. I went to go check it out. It’s gorgeous – and big! I was really impressed -- and jealous. I can’t wait until K and I can have a house together! I'm happy for Brit, though. I like her boyfriend a lot.

I stayed at their place for a couple hours hanging out and then eating dinner, and when I left there, I immediately rushed home and changed into crappy clothes, then went straight to Jeremy's to help him paint his room. I helped out for a couple hours, and before I knew it, it was 10:30.

I came home and put a care package together for K so I could get it sent out this morning, since Friday night and Saturday morning had left me no time to get one made. I needed to give Piper a bath, but I decided to put it off until tonight.

Surprise of all surprises, when I woke up this morning, my cold was much worse. I felt awful. I guess I have just been running myself ragged. I decided to work from home today so I could get some rest and hopefully get to bed early. I've been ready for bed for a while, but I'm still getting things done around my apartment. It's about that time, though, and the Nyquil I took is kicking in. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. It's been a long time since I've done that!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I always seem to get sick when I am the super busiest (i.e. when I can LEAST afford to get sick!) I'm glad it sounds like you're surrounded by a great support network of friends while K is away! :)