Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things are picking up AND looking up

I have been feeling so much better the last couple days -- thank goodness! I realized yesterday that I have a lot of fun things coming up, and some of them have just come up over the last couple of days.

I'm going to go riding on Saturday to officially start training for the MS150 again. I wasn't looking forward to it as much because I wasn't going to have a riding partner this year with K being gone. Riding it with him is part of what made the experience so great.

My new friend Topeka, though, is really thinking about riding it with me, which I'm really excited about. Plus, one of my old roommates keeps talking about doing it as well. I've been feeling all along like she'll wind up backing out due to money, but so far she still says she's doing it -- she just hasn't registered (or rented a bike ...).

I decided I wanted to do a 10-miler in June or July, so I started looking those up. I found one in July that sounds like fun. I emailed the info to my dad's girlfriend, Jeremy and Topeka, and they're all in for it! A couple more of Jeremy and Topeka's co-workers who ran the 5k with us on St. Patrick's Day are coming as well. I'm excited! (Yes, I still hate running, but it's good for me, and I'm in it for the fun time with friends and the ability to say I've run 9.3 miles at one time. If I actually go through with it -- which I will -- I might then be insane enough to do a marathon just to say I've done that too. Maybe that's how people get into them.)

Not to stop the physical feats with May's 150-mile bike ride and July's 10-mile run, at the end of August, there's the Hott.er Than Hel.l 100, which I'm thinking about subjecting myself to as well.

And then K comes in September, so we'll take it easy and enjoy ourselves (but we'll go running and work out together while he's here).

Aside from the Feat.s of St.rength (10 points to whoever's cool enough to get that reference!), I've got a few getaways coming up that I'm excited about too. I'd hoped to do something cool for Memorial Day. I have Army-significant-other friends in Miami, Daytona and Orlando, so I had thought it would be cool if we got together down there that weekend for a little mini-reunion. I miss seeing them all, and Memorial Day would be perfect because since it's a holiday, no one would have to worry about losing a vacation day so we can all save them for our guy's R&R.

Well, yesterday one of the significant others who lives in New York emailed me to see if I'm interested in a little Memorial Day trip to Daytona to visit our friend. Of course my answer was, "Heck yes I am!" I'm really excited about that.

And the very next weekend I'm hoping to make it to Miss Heather's wedding in Tahoe. There may or may not be a little layover in California on my way, so I'm excited about that.

As if all that wasn't enough, today is the four-month mark of the deployment! It's really going quickly -- thank God!

And if that wasn't enough, I've scheduled my fourth massage appointment for Saturday afternoon. In addition to that (I know!), I'm going dress shopping for the Dallas wedding on Saturday, and one of my co-workers wants to come with me! Yay!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay yay yay! So glad that you're feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

Seinfeld, Festivus episode "Feat.s of S.trength.

~Jef

Anonymous said...

THAT is wonderful news!!! Time is going to fly!

a tall sassy gal said...

My wedding...yay! And I see you Saturday night. :) Glad things are looking up.

a tall sassy gal said...

As my sister put it yesterday life throws us curve balls to make it interesting...go read my blog you will see.

Anonymous said...

And the washing machine????

~Jef

L said...

Good for you making all those plans. With something fun to look forward to and work toward each month, the next few months will fly by. I hope you can make it to Heather's wedding; I know it'll be gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better!!!

Mrs. Architect said...

It was SO great seeing you again! I enjoyed getting to chat with you more this time!

That shop I told you about is http://circleparkbridal.com/. It's super cute and the owner is a doll!

It's a place where the dresses change all the time, so since the wedding is a ways off, if between now and then you don't find "THE DRESS", you can periodically check back.

my life is brilliant said...

jef: Washing machine is just collecting dust right now. I tried to mess with it to clean out the pump in hopes that's the problem, but I couldn't find the pump. There's nothing on my washer that looks like the pump my dad showed me on his washing machine.

elle: It was great seeing you again too! I'll definitely have to check out that dress shop. Thanks for sending me the website!